Tuesday, September 1, 2009

38 weeks and 3 days

I had another appt today and my Doc ended up sending me over to the hospital for a bit. When he checked the heart rate - it seemed a little slow and I am still measuring a couple weeks behind schedule with the tape. But first they hooked me up to the monitor in the office and the heart rate was staying at 110 beats/minute and he wasn't moving really. I was contracting every 5-8 minutes (not really feeling those though).

So off to the hospital I go, but not before stopping to get something to eat (they said this may be what was going on since I hadn't eaten breakfast). I get there and they hook me up to the monitor that I have to be on for 20 minutes and after 7 minutes she said that everything was tracing perfectly. They had to keep me on the whole 20 minutes though - but after that she said you are good to go and baby is fine and healthy! My Doc also wanted them to do an ultrasound to measure baby and make sure he wasn't too little. Right now is is measuring fine - weighing about 6 lbs 5 oz - with a little head. All in all they think he is fine! And confirmation - IT IS A BOY!

Now I just have to hold off until Sunday when David should be here! It won't be long now before we are all loving on this little boy!

2 comments:

Betsy Westmoreland Wintermantel said...

I always measured about 2 weeks behind with Izzy too. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. I had to have the whole non-stress test thing done from about 26 weeks on. I had low amniotic fluid though. Also had to have US done every time too. It was such a pain to sit there for 20 minutes! He will be fine and as perfect as can be. Little babies are a blessing in too many ways!!!!!

whippetmom said...

You just make small babies that's all! :) I'm glad he's doing good- I had the test done once with Gavin and once with Ellie too. I hated sitting there just thinking of all the what if (something were wrong) but obviously it all worked out :)
How does it feel to be this pregnant? You may beat me!!