Sunday, May 20, 2012

BIRTHday

I'm all out of order but here is Shelby's birth story. 

David and I went in at 6am for an induction on the 14th (I don't think she would be here yet if I wasn't induced).  They were super nice and my nurse got me all hooked up with my IV and by 7 the nurses changed shifts and my new nurse, Katy, started my Pitocin.  Katy was great turning up my meds by 2 every 15 minutes until I had steady contractions I could feel.  This took a few hours all together!  Fast forward to 11ish and my Dr came over to check on me.  He figured me to be about 3cm and 60%, so he broke my water hoping to speed things up. 

After more and more potocin ups, my contractions got much stronger, but I wouldn't say too bad.  I figured since I was a 4 I better get my epidural if I wanted it (with the boys once i hit 5- I hit 10 QUICKLY).  So they called and I got that....just in time really.  The resident Doc came and checked me and yep I was a 5!  I think maybe an hour went by and she rechecked and I was an 8.  But right before all this happened, I started feeling contractions in my left side and it ran down my leg and up my side a little.  And it didn't take many contractions til they were BAD I tell you!  I was starting to tear up as the Nurse Anesthetist gave me some more meds.  She said it would take about 10 minutes before all the meds took effect - and she was right!  After about 2 or 3 contractions (after I was an 8) I told them that I was feeling LOTS of pressure and she had to be moving down.  So the Doc checked me again...seriously like 5 minutes after the 8cm check and yep I was a 10!  It was go time and for the third time I went from 5-10 fast! 

Thankfully Dr Kauffman was right there in the hallway.  He came in and 4 contractions later we had a baby! 

She was born 3/14/12 at 3:51pm.  She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces and was 19 inches long!  What a bleesing she is to us!

Brand new


The boys meeting their sister for the first time




My nurse, Katy

Very happy


Going home

1 comments:

The Blaufuss Family said...

She looks like a girl! She is adorable and so happy you got a girl! Definitely blessed!
Congrats to all of you!