Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day

of Kindergarten!  sniff sniff!  

I did okay!  I won't lie and say I didn't cry- I actually boo hooed while feeding Shelby last night.  Then cried this morning to David and said I felt like I was dropping him off to the Army or something!  lol  

And of course I had to wake him up (he hasn't had to be woken up ever in his 5 little years, but today he had to).  I crawled in bed with him and told him it was his first day of school - he said "I just want to sleep a little longer".  But he woke and I told him how I wasn't going to let him go.  He quickly said "but mommy I am going to learn all new stuff and be as smart as you".  So I told him how proud I was of him and if mommy cried it wasn't because I was sad but bc I was happy for him, but would really miss him.  

He got ready and we met his teacher outside and he was so brave and happy!  I know he is having a great time right now while mamma is having a pity party!

I mean shouldn't he be like this still??

Okay I guess not....

1 comments:

Traci said...

Now I'm crying all over again. I have to admit that I had to wait until A&E started before I could read your post. I'm glad he's doing well! It feels like they should still be toddlers having playdates!