Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring has Sprung

I think Spring is finally here to stay for a while! We have had our windows open for 2 weeks (besides one cold day we had), the pollen is stirring and the flowers are blooming, and the lawn mowers are running! This is my 2nd favorite time of year (fall being my favorite) and maybe this would top it if the pollen didn't bother me so much! I do love this time of year though- all the colors and the earth seems to come alive! All the beauty that God has given us....absolutely amazing!

Here are some pictures of what is blooming in our yard! It is fun moving somewhere new and seeing what is popping up everywhere! We do have some work to do - seems they planted a lot of stuff just anywhere and I like some sort of organization. I have tulips all over the place though and they are so pretty! And they make me think of my friend, Kelly! And I have a lot still waiting to bloom, so I am excited to see what will appear! I also am going to plant some perennials in some hanging baskets, pots on my porch, deck and patio, but I think I will wait until we are back from vacation!


This is a tree in my front yard and I don't know what it is but they are all over this town!

***Okay this is a redbud tree....I should have know that! But why are they purple??



Tulips everywhere!



I am not sure what this is but it doubles in height about everyday. There are buds on it but it has yet to pop open!

This is actually in my neighbors yard, but I love it! I found it at Lowes and I think it said it is a type of Magnolia (I need to go look again) - I may have to find a place for one in my yard next year!

***Okay word on the street is that this is a Tulip Tree!

1 comments:

Cristie said...

That climbing viney thing is a clematis. I have one. It will bloom very soon and it is beautiful. I wonder what color it will be?