Saturday, August 13, 2011

Yikes

My husband made it home just in time to find this "little" guy (and I use the word little loosely) hanging out in our back yard! YIKES! Thank the GOOD LORD he was here - I have killed one snake but I hope it is the only one I have to ever get near!
So he was hiding under our deck stairs right where all the kids toys are! Just thinking of it gives me the willies! But David (who is also NOT a fan of snakes) took care of our problem!

Here he is - almost as long as the shovel!

If you had asked me what it was I would have said this - an ANACONDA that was here to kill us all!

But it was in all reality a Common Garter Snake. The description here states that he is HARMLESS! That's fine and dandy Mr Snake, but to me you all all scary and deadly and I want nothing more to do with you!

Now here is hoping that all his buddies think he just left town and hopefully they don't come looking for him!

0 comments: