Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wings Over McConnell

We had our "every 2 years" Air Show this last weekend!  It was once again a great show with lots of loud planes and fun things to look at!
 
 
I took all the kids out, but not before making sure they all had hearing protection!  Poor Shelby's was as big as her head!  But it will come in handy at our next base when we are in the Land of the Blue Angels!  
 
 

Our "normal' family pic in front of Daddy's plane!

Shelby pretty much refused to look at the camera....sigh

This is my ALL TIME favorite plane in the fleet - the B1! During the Airshow on Sunday I had my windows open at home and the B1 flew close (we aren't far from base at all) and the kids were all scared to death!  The B1 use to actually be here at this base - I imagine it's not as loud around here now!

The Golden Knights

And sadly this is the only picture I got of the Thunder Birds.  Shelby had had it by then after being there 4 hrs.....so we were walking out as they were preforming.  By the time we got to the car I had 2/3 kids crying and the one not fell asleep within about 5 minutes of being in the car!

1 comments:

Kim said...

That sounds like the way I left the last air show. Andrew was 2 and Luke 4. I think they all wanted carried. I think some were crying. I wasn't, but I sure wanted to... I do have to say, though, it was fun and I wish it would have worked with our schedule to make it up there this year!