Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm just not ready

This has been a rough week.  It has me thinking A LOT about life and death, why some people - the good people??  Maybe it's to impact others - I don't know?

In the last week our community lost a young 14 year old in a car crash, one of my best friends lost her grandmother, and an AF pilot was found after ejecting from a training mission - unfortunately not surviving.

It makes you wonder why these people?  A young 14 year old with his whole life ahead of him or a man who seemed to have everything going for him - an awesome career, a family with a baby due in just a few weeks, a whole life to live. 

It makes me ask - AM I READY??  Well, yes in the spiritual sense I am ready.  I have accepted Jesus into my heart and I know I will one day live eternity with him in heaven.  But AM I READY??  Selfeshly NO!  I am not ready to leave this horrible sinful world.  I have 3 babies here to raise, to watch grow, get married, have babies of their own.  I have a husband to love, to spend many more anniversaries celebrating, more vacations to go on, more date nights, more laughs together. 

I know our days are numbered.  The day we pass has already been dertermined and there is no changing that.  I just hope that my number is a big one.....I have a lot more living to do! 

0 comments: