Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Bench

Our extra bedroom set has an old timey dresser with bench that I just love. The whole set needs to be refinished, but that is on the waiting list right now. Although I have wanted to replace the material on the bench to give it an updated look. It has taken me FOREVER to decide what I like. I wanted something that would go with the quilt that David's mom made us when we got married b/c that is what I want to use in the spare room when we get to Kansas. The colors in it are rose, dark blue and green and all the material I liked seemed to be more burgundy than rose. But finally I found this and I think it will work well with it - I am going from memory here! And I really like the strip. So today I was able to use my Dad's powered staple gun.....that is a scary thought and recovered the bench. I really like the way it turned out. I think I am going to try to make a couple throw pillows for the bed out of the left over material! :)

Here is the before. It was a vinyl type material and it actually had another older material under it.

And after

2 comments:

The Kernea Family said...

Amazing what simple changes can do. It looks great!

whippetmom said...

How awesome and crafty are YOU!??!