Monday, July 27, 2009

When in the Mountains, you are a little closer to heaven!

This weekend I decided last minute to go to the Mountain house with my parents. It would be the last weekend to travel since this Saturday I will be 6 weeks out (and my track record with going full term is not so good). So I was crazy enough to pack up myself, Jackson, and yes Bailey and Harley. We had a wonderful time and the weather was SO much cooler up there.

Jackson had the time of his life...we got there about 11:45 Friday night and he was so excited. It was really sweet to see the excitement through the eyes of a 2 year old. I think it took him til almost 1 to finally fall asleep and he was up and at em at 6:30 the next morning. He slept in the bed with me which confirmed 2 things for me! 1- we NEVER let Jackson sleep with us thank goodness and 2- we are not ready for a big boy bed quite yet!

The next day we went into town and luck would have it they were having a festival - selling crafts, baked goods, and what not. So we walked through that and Jackson had the best time. He played the game where you pick up the duck to find out what prize you win, which he could have played all day! He won a match box car and this HUGE frog stuffed animal! After a snow cone we decided to head back to the house and enjoy the piece and quiet of Mountain Life.

We all hated to come home Sunday, but someone around here has to work - right?? lol


Here is Jackson at the festival!

Here is my parents home away from home!

Jackson watching cartoons in the rocking chair that use to be my Dad's!

Mom is finally getting the log furniture for all the rooms that she wants- it's only been 20 years worth of hand me downs! :) I think she deserves it!

Jackson taking a rub a dub dub

Playing with Memaw

Swinging with Papa

Bailey thinks this is the life!

Bailey and Jackson watching 101 Dalmations on the way home!

2 comments:

whippetmom said...

Looks like so much fun! And how cute is that last picture!!?! Can't believe you're so close to being done...2 weeks if he's like Jackson!! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of your dog watching 101 dalmations! How funny is that? Love the baby's name too! Jackson is growing up too fast! You look great! Love--Erika