Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We're making progress

in all areas!

1st- Matthew is doing SO SO good with potty training. He RARELY has an accident (like 1 every 4 days). Who knew potty training could be so easy....hmm ME bc it wasn't this easy with his brother! We are still in pullups when we go out (bc who wants to deal with that mess) although he tells me he has to go so we haven't had any accidents and of course he is still in a diaper at nap/night night time, but wakes up dry most of the time.

2nd - We have moved the boys into their own room together. Bunk beds are in and up. They both LOVE them. Matthew has done good about staying in bed and he no longer takes a paci (it had to stay in the crib bc that was for babies and not big boys). So we have been paci free for almost a week! Although he tells me "Baby Shelby DO NOT get my paci". He knows she will be going into the crib! lol I need to post pics of their new room, but I'm not quite finished getting things on the wall. And let me tell you - bunk beds are a PAIN to make up, let alone change the sheets on!

3rd- We've got some work to do to get the nursery in order. We need to take down Jackson's twin bed and store it. I have plans to paint it white for Shelby in a couple years to use. Then I need to get a fresh coat of paint on the walls, just to clean it up. We bought her fabric today and this is what it looks like:

Nana Akins is going to start working on her bedding and curtain once she gets home! I just LOVE this fabric.....girly, but I adore the blues and greens also!

Then I have been talking to my friend, Jaime, and she can paint, stencil, etc and I think we (SHE) is going to do something like this on the wall:

I am not sure if we will keep the leaves blue, maybe do the green in the bedding and hoping to add some of the simple flowers in the bedding to the tree also in the variety of colors! Love it! :)

So that's what we have been up to as of lately!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

You are one busy mama! Love the fabric for Shelby's room...and the tree is adorable too. Isn't it already so much fun!!!!