Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Shower

I had Miss Shelby's Baby Shower Saturday! My friend, Jaime, held it for me at my house since her kitchen is about to be remodeled! :) We had a great time despite this taking place:

Yep this is the day of the night that we had the tornado come through in the post below! Many friends braved the windy weather and still came. Unfortunately almost all my Squadron friends couldn't make it last minute b/c their husbands were either working command post to get the 16 airplanes to North Dakota or they were one of the crews flying them out! I think we still ended up with 13 friends here. I had many friends out of town also for the Beth Moore conference in Kansas City, a few that had to work, and 2 that had just lost loved ones and were attending funerals. I'm thinking it was a rough weekend for a baby shower! :) We had a good time and like I said we still had a house full!

Here are Jaime and I with all the yummy food!

This cake was to die for! Strawberry with preserves inside and cream cheese icing!

We played some games!

And I opened lots of sweet gifts!


And here is her loot - not including the swing- that is just in her room! She truly has a closet full of clothes now and I was still getting gifts on Sunday from friends that couldn't make it!

I have washed her newborn and 0-3 months clothes and packed her bag.....guess I should pack my bag soon! Less than 4 weeks now!

0 comments: