Sunday, April 15, 2012

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home!

Yep, give me some little sparkly red shoes and call me Dorthy b/c that's how I felt yesterday! We braved a pretty bad tornado last night and to say I was scared was an understatement! Even the small ones scare me, but this one was big (they were saying between 1/4 and 1/2 mile wide). We missed it just barely....it went just north of us, destroying all in it's way! It hit the Spirit, Boeing and the base (all airplanes were relocated by early afternoon to North Dakota and thankfully my husband wasn't on one of the alert crews). I haven't heard of any damage at the base, so hopefully it faired okay! I have heard that Oaklawn and Wichita, both just a few miles away, got hit pretty hard! I'm very thankfully my family was spared and my house is still standing!

Here is some video of the funnel.


Here is where we were, hiding out in the basement. Did I mention David's mom, aunt and gma were here! So we hung out in the basement, ready to go to the storage room at anytime. Luckily we didn't have to since the twister went right around us. We all ended up sleeping in the basement, 2 on the couch, 2 on the air mattress, 1 on a twin mattress, and 2 in the bedroom behind this picture!


And here is a picture of the flight line....empty. Looks kind of weird not to see any planes out there!

Here are some pictures from the devastation- literally just a few miles from our house!
Click HERE to see!

0 comments: