Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What we've been up to....

Lots going on here! 

As a family:
- still unpacking, finding where to put stuff, organizing, weeding through what we don't need
- going to the beach usually 2-3 times a week
- meeting new friends
- trying out churches

David:
- started flying with students this week
- tired tired tired from 2 and 3 a days
- BUT he's home folks......home with us and that's a big change from the last 3 1/2 years, so we will take it and love it! 

Elizabeth:
- the usual of cooking, cleaning, playing with kids
- taxi driver! ;)
- meeting new friends....had our first coffee social last week and met some great women!  We have Bunko next week which I am looking forward to (combined with the other squadron and students spouses).  Lots of new familes here and with kids my kids age!
- meeting up with an old friend that lives about 45 min away!  Yay to have a friend that I know will make herself home at my house and I can do the same at hers! 
- Up at 5 this morning to run on my treadmill......I REALLY want to run the P'cola half in Nov.  I have a ways to go to get ready for sure!

Jackson:
- Library Reading Program
- LOVES the beach, esp the waves
- starting back swimming lessons tonight
- making new friends

Matthew:
- Library Reading Program
- Loves the beach too, loves the sand and learning to love the waves more (for my crazy no fear child....we are finally seeing some fear!  I am okay with that!)
- starts his first swim lesson tonight- he's nervous!  ;)
- making new friends

Shelby:
- trying to learn to walk.....just taking 3-5 steps at a time, but crawling is much faster
- loves the beach, the water, the sand!
- climbing.....oh my!  I think we have our worst climber on our hands

We are keepin on keepin on!  Looking forward to having David's parents visit next week for the 4th!  I'm about ready to post some pics of our house....still trying to get some things hung, etc! 

0 comments: