Tuesday, December 9, 2008

St .Jude Half Marathon

Well it is over! We went to Memphis this past weekend and I ran my first Half Marathon! WOW! What an experience and so much fun! I hope that this is my first of many!
Here are my results:
time- 2:08:29
min/mile- 9:49
overall finish- 2,555
female finish- 1,129
female ages (25-29)- 241


Team Akins...before the race.

It was COLD the morning of the race.

Just a portion of the 14,000 runners.

There I am in the middle about to start.

Done - 2:08:29 later

Getting my picture with Elvis's!

After the race!

4 comments:

Traci said...

You are a rockstar! Now you are going to be addicted.

Jenny Brooks said...

CONGRATS! And yes, you will be addicted! Awesome job! I never got my pic with Elvis! I never even saw them...not sure why, I think I was too focused on finding Rob and Ben.

MCD said...

Congratulations! YOU are an inspiration :)

Snips and Snails said...

Congrats, maybe next time we can come see you run