Friday, February 20, 2009

Boys will be Boys

Jackson had a little adventure today...well maybe I did more than he! He got in a little trouble after throwing a FIT and I sent him to his room. I needed a break. So I go to check on him a few minutes later and the door is looked! Oh Great! So I tell him.....Jackson - open the door. He is trying to just open it.....he doesn't understand me say turn the lock.

No luck. So I get a clothes hanger and I am going to pop the lock that David always does in about a half a second. 5 minutes later no popped lock and I am giving up. Oh I will take the door knob off. Great idea right?? So I think. Well let me tell you about locked door knobs - just taking the door knob off doesn't automatically unlock it. So now I have a door knob and screws in my hand and Jackson has a door knob on the other side playing. We now have a situation. I can see him through the door knob and he is playing playing....trying to put the door knob back on. And I can't figure out what to pop to open this darn door.

Alright- I will call the Squadron and pray David hasn't taken off yet. He has. Erica starts asking some of the other guys what I should do and then she finds me good ole Johnny Grimes! Johnny is our neighbor and he says yeah he can come and help me! (I was about to run across the street and see if he was home anyway, but I know now it was Patrice that was home and that would be the blind leading the blind I imagine!) Anyway, Johnny is on his way and what do I do - I get the lock popped! YAY!! Call Johnny and he doesn't answer.....then he gets here and I feel bad he came a whole 2 miles to help. But he does end up helping....he placed the door knob back on, but this time put it on backwards. Now there is NO WAY he can lock himself in his room, but I can! HAHA

And as Johnny is about to leave...Patrice calls him b/c she is wondering why he is parked at our house. Oh no - please tell her we are not having an affair! :) She thought the whole thing was rather funny and I am sure that David will have a good laugh when he gets back on the ground! And a note to all the single guys in the flightroom - don't laugh at me....you never know what your kids might do to you one day! :)

Yay I took pictures....I may want to use this against him one day! You may be able to see his head....he was trying to put the door knob back in.

And here is my buddy Johnny! Thanks a BUNCH!

1 comments:

Traci said...

Were you in a panic? I am sure Jackson was safe in his room but I would have been freaking out a bit. That is a benefit of living on base! Everyone is nearby!