Thursday, February 12, 2009

Introducing....baby #2

I went for my first appt today and it was rather exciting getting to see Baby Akins for the first time! David was thrown into a flight that he couldn't do yesterday due to weather, so he was unable to go with me. All in all everything looks really good and praise God for just 1 baby in there! The technician said I am measuring right on time making me 9 weeks and 5 days and having a due date of Sept 12th. Heart rate for baby was good at 167 beats (a lot faster than Jackson so maybe a girl this time). She said baby looked good and I heard the heart beat which sounded super strong.
Although I remember looking at Jackson's ultrasound pictures from 11 weeks and this baby seems to be more developed. Baby had full legs and arms where Jackson seemed to look more like a Gummy Bear. And those arms and legs were just a moving.....seems like another active child I will have on my hands!
Also haven't gained a pound - in fact have lost a few, which isn't surprising since I haven't eaten in the last 4-5 weeks. But my appetite is slowly coming back....after my appt I was starving and went by McDonald's for a burger and fries. MMMMM how healthy! :)
I have another appt in about 3 1/2 weeks, so stay tuned!

Here are the pictures of baby! Don't you think s/he is very cute! Looks like Jackson to me! :)
9 weeks 5 days


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww, so cute! Too bad there is only one little gummy bear in there and not two! Hahaha. I think you should deliver on 9-9-09, but thats just me.

Anonymous said...

With the h/b being so different from Jackson's and you being more sick...I'm sticking by my girl prediction!! Our little girl has been about the opposite of Gavin too! :) It's just too bad we couldn't shop for pink things together!! :(

Leah said...

Yeah so exciting! He/she does look very developed for being so tiny!! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

The baby is so cute and very developed for her age. Notice I said her. Happy Valentines!!!!