Sunday, March 1, 2009

We are moving to.....

KANSAS!
David got his follow-on Assignment and he will be flying the KC-135. This is a refueling plane which is what he really wanted! We are super excited to be going to Wichita, KS in a few months! If you would have asked me 6 months ago if I wanted to go there I would have said NO WAY, but we are very much looking forward to it! We think it will be a great place to have a family.....we will be living near a bigger city that seriously has 5 Targets! Yes I checked that out already!
We will get closer to David's family (they will be about 8 hrs away) and I am so happy to be a days drive to someone! He also has family in Oklahoma we haven't seen in forever! I am thinking FAMILY REUNION! We will however be further from my family, but I think they are excited for us too! I am sure they can't wait to see Kansas....I am sure my dad will love all the farmland it has to offer! And the good news is that this plane goes to several other places that would be great including good old NC....so we may be back one day! And Jackson, the dogs and I will be back sooner than that b/c I will most likely be going home while David does his next training! I hope they are ready for a crazy 2 year old that gets in more trouble than he can get out of! I will just be glad to have some backup! :)

The Sunflower State

This is exactly how I remember Kansas looking - I have driven through twice!

I believe David said that this a the Arkansas River....pretty!

This is what scares me about Kansas...Tornado Alley! YIKES

We will be living near Wichita!

2 comments:

whippetmom said...

Hmm- I wonder how far it is from Shreveport...I've never been to Kansas :)

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo Kansas! Getting closer to where you need to be! KS is probably my 2nd favorite state. It is so flat....BUT the skies there are the most beautiful blue and so clear. You will love it...and I will be right down the road!!