Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Christmas to Remember

This Christmas brought many memories for the Akins family!

-It was our first Christmas NOT in NC. We actually spent it in our own house with David's parents and Gma. While we sure missed not seeing my family, we did talk with them on the webcam and my folks will be arriving on the 2nd of January to spend a week with us!

- It was our first Christmas with what will most likely be all of our children....I am pretty sure we are done! 2 boys is enough for me!

- David parents almost didn't make it due to a big snow storm coming through CO and KS.

- I had a White Christmas finally! We had about 3 inches with wind gusts close to 40 mph. And yes I stayed indoors!

- Jackson got a stomach virus Christmas Eve Eve! He was a sick little boy. So lots of washing pj's sheets, spraying disinfectant and hoping no one else would catch it.

- WRONG! Christmas night, Santa brought David and I the stomach bug! We must have been bad this year! I thought I was going to die and David was close behind. Thank goodness for grandparents that took care of our kids. I barely made it out of the bed for 24 hrs. (Matthew hasn't gotten it - praise God)

- And the topper of all toppers! David and his dad were in the attic in our garage checking out something and Bill wasn't on a piece of ply wood like he thought and came crashing through the ceiling hitting our concrete garage floor from about 15 ft up. He ended up with a horrible shattered ankle which will require surgery in a couple weeks, a cut up elbow and a few minor bumps and bruises. We are just so thankful he is alive and with us - this could have been a fatal accident. So I called 911 for the first time and probably had our neighbors curious on what was going on with the new family on the block! Bill is doing well, obviously in lots of pain, but they are planning to make their way back to CO tomorrow where he can rest in his own home and follow up with an Orthopedic Surgeon there. Please keep him in your prayers!

So what a way to ring in 2010!
I hope you all made memories this Christmas with your loved ones....maybe not ones like we did, but memories to remember!

Happy New Year! I hope it brings joy and laughter your way!

2 comments:

Traci said...

You had the craziest Christmas! Next time you get the stomach virus, please keep it to yourselves. Andy would appreciate if you send us some snow though. ;) Merry Christmas!

whippetmom said...

oh my goodness! I must've missed the fb status about David's dad falling through the ceiling! I hope he feels better soon! :)