Monday, March 28, 2011

The beginning of a lot of yard work

Our yard is in need of some TLC.....but it is going to be a lengthy project! I hope by next summer we have a yard that looks like our neighbors!

We underestimated what Crab Grass can do out here, so right now we are killing it off, but it is leaving bare areas in our yard- mostly the back. We won't be able to seed until the fall b/c of what we put down, so until then we will just have some bare areas unless we get a little sod!

The people that had this house before us just planted whatever, where ever! It drives me crazy! So beginning last fall I began digging stuff up/transplanting others.....and I am still on that mission! Also the weeds were CRAZY in the flowerbeds and I am not one who loves to pull weeds. So the last 3 weeks I have laid paper down on all the beds: back, sides and front. I have also gotten 1 truck load of mulch (Thanks Lisa) and finally got it all placed in the front! I think I am going to need 2 more truck loads! But I am happy to know that I won't be pulling weeds all summer!

Here is in front of Matthew room!

And this is in front of the porch! I did buy new bushes for the back there...3 Euonymous plants. I maybe should have gotten the bigger ones, but the smaller ones were $10 cheaper and it is a fast growing shrub! I have Daylilies in a circle around the flagpole and there is Monkey Grass lining the walkway. Oh there are also Easter Lilies in the corner by the driveway, but they are just barely popping out of the ground! I think it will be very pretty once the lilies start blooming in later summer! Now if it would get warmer and stay warmer so I can buy flowers for my pots! I think I will be going with RED again this year! :)