Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I fought the law and the law won.

Remember that song??? Ughh that has been my week!

After a perfect driving record for almost 16 years (minus the warning ticket I received the day before my 19th bday).....I finally got pulled over and received my FIRST speeding ticket. Let me tell you - that can make a perfectly GOOD day turn BAD really quick!

I was on my way to get the boys from MDO (thank goodness Jackson wasn't in the car bc I can only imagine what he would be saying in the backseat), running a couple minutes behind and not really paying attention. The road to get them is a 4 lane and just seems like it should be AT LEAST 40 mph- right??? WRONG - it is only 30, THIRTY, really??? Yes I knew this, but going the speed I was going I still felt like I was creeping. So I see this cop kind of swing out of a nearby duplex a little faster than usual and still thought- they can't be after me as they get behind me. I proceed to turn left and so does the cop and then .....Blue Lights! UGHHH are you serious?? Then it gets worse.....out steps a WOMAN cop! Yep there is NO getting out of this one!

So I give her my license and insurance while she goes back to her car to run my history which is NOTHING and I "stay in my vehicle for her safety and mine" (or that's what she says anyway). So I break another law probably and text a friend to call the church bc I am running late to get my kids. Then all the other moms start driving by to get their kids.....and yes I just wave! :) Ughh how embarassing. She comes back and no warning from this cop - a nice little TICKET ($121 to be exact).....44 in a 30 which should really be 40 in which case I wouldn't have gotten pulled over in the first place.

Then I still have to get my kids and see all the other mommies that watched as I got my ticket! We had some laughs and then on the way home where did I see Miss Police Officer??? - running radar in the same spot. But this time I was going 29 in a 30. I wonder how many other criminals she caught yesterday???

After a few tears and feeling completely rotten, I pulled myself together and started figuring out Kansas Laws and what I had to do to get this taken care of......I certainly didn't want my insurance to go up. After several calls this morning to our Mayberry Courthouse, NC DMV, and my insurance company - it seems like I can get it reduced to a non moving violation which will still be on my NC driving record, but will NOT raise my insurance premiums. Now I am just waiting for a call back from Pam or Paula (who couldn't have been any nicer and yes I am on a first name basis with them now) for my additional fee to get this taken care of.

Hmmm I could think of better ways to spend this money than on this. Oh well - lesson learned and you will now see me with my cruise control on and in the slow lane where ever I go!

0 comments: