Monday, April 6, 2009

David pulling from his Boy Scout Days!

David wanted me to pack the kitchen up since that was the last of the boxes we needed to put into storage and I was DREADING it! It really didn't take that long and Jackson didn't get in my way really - he was a good boy! This was Saturday and we aren't leaving until Thursday so I decided to keep out a pan and pot with a big spoon and spatula....that will surely get us through! I also kept out a stone b/c David wanted to have pizza one more time. Since all my stuff was packed we had to use pizza dough already made.....I usually make my own and it is delicious! So I had to run to the commissary for a cheese grater, toilet paper, and a few other items....when I returned I realized that I packed more of the stuff we needed! lol I had packed the can opener and so David improvised and opened the can of sauce with - yes - a screwdriver and a hammer! I thought I would die laughing! But it worked!

Next he realized we had no knife, so he proceeded to clean his pocket knife (which is used for all sorts of nasty guy stuff) and cut the cheese to slice it! And then we ran into another issue - the pizza dough was crappy and wouldn't spread out, so we ended up making calzones. They turned out yummy and all was good, but next time I think we will just order pizza!

1 comments:

whippetmom said...

Sounds like us...we always inevitably pack something we need...we've had about 5-6 irons and ironing boards, we have more can openers than ever needed too!!