Saturday, August 15, 2009

Never say Never

I had always said that I would NEVER own a Mini Van....this was several years ago. But after having one kid and seeing the room a car seat takes up...it began to cross my mind. Then after visiting David's family when Jackson was 9 months and seeing the ease it made on a mom (his Gma has one) - I was hooked. Not to mention they get good gas mileage and they have improved in looks. It also crossed my mind- if anyone comes to visit and I have to pick them up from the airport- I have room for one person...hmmm that isn't going to work. My parents and David's parents usually travel in pairs!

So we took the plunge this week and bought a Honda Odyssey.....and we really love it. Although David wasn't here with me- he helped me through the whole process thank goodness! We have to take it back next Friday to get the towing package put on, so that we can move our trailer to KS in a few months. We ended up not getting the model with all the bells and whistles (we got the mid grade model), but are hoping to put in an Entertainment Package in the near future. Right now we have one that straps to the headrest for Jackson, so we will be good for a while!

So here is the newest member to our family (seriously they can be called that as much as vehicles cost these days) : Our 2009 Honda Odyssey!










Nothing says I'll be turning 30 and I have 2 kids like buying a Mini Van...guess we all have to grow up sometime!

6 comments:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I love it! Congrats! My mom bought a mini van recently and we took it to Tupelo not too long ago and getting Mackenzie in and out of it was SO much easier than my Accord!!

The Blaufuss Family said...

I like it and I wouldn't mind having one! Congrats on the new car!

The Sasser Crew said...

I love, love my Odyssey. It drives like my old accord and hauls so much more. I seriously just keep my stroller and pack-n-play in the back end. You are going to LOVE it!

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

I saw myself needing extra room in the future (no, I'm not pregnant... yet =) so we opted for a Sequoia... I just can't see myself as a mini van mom just yet. =) Hope you enjoy it!

The Kernea Family said...

Welcome to the Mini Van Mafia! The Odyssey rocks! I know you love it and will even more when #2 arrives.

Sandy said...

Very nice and it probably even fits Bailey and Harley!