Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Air Show

We braved the Air Show today, The Byer's and I....along with 1- 3yr old, 2-2yr olds, and 1-1 year old! That was 3 adults to 4 children and 5 hrs at the Air Show and really a.l.l. w.e.n.t. w.e.l.l. The Thunderbirds were suppose to take off at 2 and at 3 we finally left as we saw the clouds a rolling in! Hopefully they can get up in the air tomorrow! I hate we missed them!

And YAY for someone finally deciding that late Sept is a great time for an Air Show and not July! The weather was perfect!

Andrew came with his Mighty B52 Buff! It was so great to see him...it had been over 2 yrs! His wife, Liz, and I were such good friends and Columbus and always together with our kids. Still friends, but it is hard to get together with so many states in between us! :( The AF giveth and the AF taketh away!

B1

Darin, Jaime, Sidney and Savannah

Us in front of the B1....one of my favorite looking planes! shhh...Don't tell my husband I said that! :) Actually I think he agrees!

The C17 that took up the jumpers.

Matthew had it made!

I thought this was very cool, but I just don't understand why people jump out of planes that aren't about to crash! :)

Us in a helicopter!

Savannah, Jackson and Sidney in the KC135!

The KC135....also known as Daddy's airplane around this house! Jackson kept trying to get me to find Daddy today. He knows Daddy is off flying, but he doesn't realize it is not just down the road! :(

The B2

A bad picture of the T1, T38 and the T6. David has flown the T1 and the T6 trainers.

Jackson with his $5 souvenir! I thought I got off easy!

Wowza- the C5 is HUGE!

I had to get a picture of the A10 for David---this was his dream airplane! :(

I brought the ear protection for Jackson but I used it for Matthew instead. Oh my the noise of the fighter jets was too too much for his little ears. Looks like I will be getting another set of these from Uncle Dee Dee when we are home!

The Hornet

Here is a video of the B1 taking off! I think this is one of the sharpest looking airplanes in the AF fleet!

2 comments:

Oak City Books said...

Let's see. First of all, you look GREAT! I don't know how you do it girl. 2nd- I'm digging the hat. 3rd- the boys are adorable and look like they had SO much fun...4th- what kind of carrier is that? He looks so comfy in it!

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

An air show in September??! Brilliance!! I can't believe how grown your boys look! So cute!!