Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Latest Adventure



Yes that is right - I have signed up for another 1/2 Marathon! And no your eyes are not deceiving you - it is in Denver! And yes I must have been delerious when I signed up - I do realize there is an altitude change between there and Kansas!

My mother in law, Sharon, approached me with this one! She and I ran our first (and so far only) one together in Memphis! The thing is - she lives in that area so she is use to the altitude!

So we are 4 1/2 weeks away from the race and I feel completely unprepared compared to last time. I don't know if it is having 2 kids to juggle or what??? I am blaming it on - hitting that 30 years old mark! Yeah I blame everything on that number! I have done 9 miles (and was going to do 10 yesterday but one sick little boy changed that plan....so instead I did 6). How did I do that you ask - well my wonderful husband bought me this:



Not that I LOVE treadmills or running on them, but with his work schedule - I had to have something! And Matthew will only tolerate a couple miles in the jogging stroller before he lets it known that he H.A.T.E.S running! So when you have to peak out at 11 miles - yeah I need to get 9 more miles from somewhere!
So - this is what we are doing! I am excited! We are excited! And we are running it TOGETHER! Between Sharon's tendonitis (which the Doc just told her to try not to run for the next 2 weeks - hello Doc we are training here) and my Runner's Knee (that just doesn't want to go away) we will conquer this race....crossing the finish line together! Yep- time is out the window on this race. I just want to survive the race and the altitude without having to carry an oxygen tank with me!
Oh and visit with family for 2 weeks! YAY!

0 comments: