Friday, November 26, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We started decorating the week of Thanksgiving this year - maybe bc we didn't even move into our house until the first week of December last year. Then we were knee deep in boxes for FOREVER before I tossed up a few Christmas decorations, a tree and tried to make this house look like a little festive!

Here is my brand new tree....my first bought tree actually! I do love it and I made it look all adult like upstairs decorated in just red and white! All new ornaments....shatter proof with little Matthew running around!

I decided baby Jesus all the other breakable wisemen, Mary, Joseph, and animals should be up high away from little fingers! I kind of need something to go on each side, but I think I have bought my limit this year, so my boys and their first pictures with Santa are up there too!

David had the idea to hang these extra ornament snowflakes in our opening from the dining room....in person it looks really good!


Just a few of my snowmen in my kitchen!

This is one of my FAVORITE Christmas decorations - it is a ceramic tree that my Gma Jackson made a long time ago! I have this in our bedroom and I love having it glowing all day!

Then there is our downstairs tree. This is actually my brother in laws OLD tree that he had a LONG time ago. So old you have to put in every branch and string all the lights! :) But I still love it and it is the kids tree! I made the lights all red and green and the ornaments on it are all the boys ones or ones that they have made! I really think it is sweet and I love remembering all the ornaments!

And then without killing himself, David got all our lights up outside!

So happy decorating to you all! I hope this season is filled with lots of color and fun!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow- you're ambitious getting everything up already!!! I'm jealous, I have miles to go before I sleep . . . or take a "long winters nap" I suppose I should say.

Sandy said...

Everything looks so Christmasy! I like your new tree. Sharon was telling us about it... :o)