Saturday, October 4, 2008

7 Weeks Down - 9 More To Go

This week was a good week for training - the weather once again stayed nice and cool!

Monday: Cross Training
Tuesday: 2 mile run
Wednesday: Cross Training
Thursday: 6 mile run
Friday: 2 mile run with my hubby, Cross Training
Saturday: 8 mile run with gel once! :)
Sunday: my day of rest!

Today I had my 8 miler again and last week I was completely dead from it! I guess when I look back I had reason to be with no food in my system and not taking a water break! So today I carried only one gel pack and about 5 miles in I took it right before stopping at the Fitness Center to rehydrate. First off all- it all comes back: those gel packs are gross to me. I have had them before biking in college. YUCK! But after I got it down and hydrated.....it really helped! About 10 minutes later I felt like I had this HUGE burst of energy! So my last 2 miles were at Jenny/Lindsey speed! Yes for those of you who watch Little Einsteins that is "Super Fast"!
I decreased my time by 10 minutes from last week! YAY!! I have come to realize I will not break a 2 hour half marathon, but if I can keep up a 10 minute mile and finish in 2:10 I will be satisfied. But wait if I take enough gel I might be SUPER SUPER FAST!
Also David took Jackson out on the bike trailer with our neighbor Johnny riding his bike too while I ran and that was fun to periodically see them and they were checking on me!

Have a great weekend! David and I are going to see that movie FireProof! It's a date! Thanks Traci and Andy for keeping Jackson for us! And thanks again Sarah for watching him on Thursday for me to run! You guys ROCK!

2 comments:

Jenny Brooks said...

Glad your training is going well. Not sure who Jenny/Lindsey speed is, but I don't think you have any reason to discredit your speed. I think you will break 2! See you Tuesday at MOPS!

Teri and Joe said...

8 miles!! You're crazy woman!! I ran two miles today and was surprised that I actually made it through that. I can't imagaine ever running a 1/2 marathon! That's really cool! Good luck! And p.s...I had never used a sewing machine before this class either, so this is all totally new to me! :)