Thursday, October 2, 2008

Adventures in Mothering

Adventures in Mothering is our theme for MOPS(Mothers of Preschoolers) this year and I am coming to find this true more and more each day! If we can wake up in the morning asking what today will bring and the adventure our children will bring us - I think it can help you keep your sanity a little bit longer!

Sunday was one of those days where it seemed like we were on a roller coaster! As we were about 5 minutes from walking out of the door for church, Jackson decides to shut his bedroom door and lock it. Yes lock it. Just in the past week has he learned how to open all the doors in our house and so if you visit you will find Child Protectors on all the doors he isn't suppose to get into. Well I had no idea he figured out the lock and maybe he didn't either! :) Luckily David was able to unlock it with a handy little tool rather quickly. Thank goodness he was here, b/c I don't think I could have been as lucky! So now he has a Child Protector on the inside of his door!

After lunch he decided to HELP me fold clothes! He is always trying to get into the dryer and Sunday he was successful. He managed to climb in and throw all of the clean clothes on the floor!

I actually called my mom to tell her what he did since from what I hear I did the same thing as a child. And yes she thought it was very funny and continues to tell me that I am getting EVERYTHING I deserve! But as I was on the phone with her, he got out of the dryer and it got very quiet. So I went to find him hiding from me in my closet. Yes, he regularly plays hide and seek with me without letting me know first!

3 comments:

Traci said...

LOL he cracks me up! Of course my two haven't figured out doors and dryers yet so maybe I won't be laughing soon.

Snips and Snails said...

Having little boys is so much fun. Each day is definately an adventure. And there are those days you wish there was a lock on the outside ofthe door. William never got in the dryer, he did load it with toys though.

Anonymous said...

Gavin loves to "help" with laundry too, but I think he's too short to get into ours (whenever we get it back!!) I'm glad he didn't lock himself in his room without David there though...remember the time, the wind blew Gavin's door shut and it locked, but luckily, he was in the living room...I remember picking it open with a bbq skewer...lol