Friday, November 7, 2008

I've been tagged

I was "tagged" by Liz (The Behm's Family Blog) to tell you 6 interesting things about me. I think this will be rather hard, but I will give it a try! I now tag 6 more: Amy, Olivia, Meghan, Kelly, Stephanie and Tara.

1. Well I have to start with that I NEVER thought that I would be living in anywhere other than NC. I knew David wanted to serve his country, but I didn't think it would really ever happen. All of that to say that I LOVE being a military wife.....I think we are some of the strongest women in the world. We sometimes have to play the role of mommy and daddy, we have to make new friends every few years, we have to be good with directions b/c of all the moving, we have friends ALL OVER the world (free vacation spots).....
But I wouldn't trade it now for anything! I think that being away from "home" has made me more independent and appreciate being "home" more! Thanks to computers and phones - I never feel too far away! And let me add that I am so proud that my husband serves this wonderful country!

2. On a similar note, I love my "new" job as MOMMY! I always knew that the business world wasn't for me. When I did graduate from college, I worked up until I had Jackson and I did enjoy it. I didn't love it, but it was just something to do. I have a great degree, but I don't know if I will ever use it again.... if I want to - it is there. No regrets though! I am also lucky to have a husband who supports me being at home and realizes I do "work"! I think this job is harder than any other out there - even being a pilot! :)

3. I am a SUPER organized person, even having a child I have kept this skill. Things have to be so so. My checkbook has to be to the penny, toys have to be put up at nap time and bed time (and I pick them up throughout the day), my kitchen can't have crumbs on the counter, most of my things are organized, blah blah blah. And if things aren't how I like them I can't sit down until they are! So I am putting me in that OCD category with Liz!

4. I love to bake! My favorite things are sweets and breads! I don't do it as often as I would like since we would eat it all, but it is something that I truly enjoy!

5. I love to keep the windows open in the Spring and Fall, but I have this huge fear of someone kidnapping my kid. Crazy I know! So even if the windows are open in the house, Jackson's window is always closed at night. When I shower during his nap all the doors are shut and locked. When David is gone through the night, I lock and put the security latch on all the doors, close all the windows and sleep with the bathroom light on. I am not generally a scared person, but I have a problem in this area.

6. I am a huge dog lover and have been since a little girl sharing my ice cream with our family dog! And I think you would know it looking at my back yard! We have a Yorkie and a Great Dane! I LOVE Danes! They are the best dogs ever! Bailey is so good with Jackson and such a protector of our house! (This helps me in my fear of kidnappers!). But on the down side - she is HUGE weighing in at 131 pounds. We bought our Trail Blazer making sure that it would fit our dog when we moved. She is a great traveler, but causes issues when we need to store our luggage somewhere. David and I will most likely have another Dane or two throughout our lifetime!

So that is a little bit of info on me....kind of boring, but that is the life I live and love!

0 comments: