Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 11 and counting down!

I can't believe that I am almost done.....I can't wait. Although I am afraid when it is over, I may get in a lazy phase. I guess I will have to come up with another goal.

Monday: Cross Training
Tuesday: I didn't run b/c it was COLD and it was only 2 miles.....slacker I know
Wednesday: Cross training
Thursday: 7 miles
Friday: Cross Training
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: Rest

Saturday proved to be a great run mostly b/c I ran during the departures of some great airplanes. We had a Career Day here for the students, where we all got to go into the airplanes, ask questions, etc. It was so much fun....kind of like our own little Mini Airshow. We went in the KC-10 (HUGE), KC-135, C-130, and the C-17. That is about all we had time for, but they had a B-1, F-15, two F-16's, a Helo and a couple more out there for you to look at. But anyway, I planned my run by the runway and was able to see many of them take off. I was really surprised at how quiet the Cargo's were and of course the Fighters were amazing!

This next week is a down week for me again (the last down week).....so I think I am going to take advantage of it. I may not run all three of my runs, who knows. My right heel has been hurting some, almost like it is bruised. I guess I need to invest in a good pair of insoles. Other than that I have been felling good and I feel like I will be ready for this race! But also praying for a nice WARM morning on Dec 6th in Memphis!

3 comments:

Snips and Snails said...

I recommend Super Feet insoles. You'll need the pink ones. They are about $40 but last 18 months, well worth it. I got some at a fitness conference and Stephen now uses them too.

The Kernea Family said...

I'm so proud of you! ; )

Streamlined said...

1 month to go!!! You are doing so awesome...can't wait to cheer you on in Memphis. You have amazing determination.