Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Day of School

Jackson started a Mother's Day Out program at the Child Development Center on base today! I was a little more worried about me than him, but I managed to keep myself very busy today!
I took him in and he stood by me shy for about 1 minute and then it was off to play! I was worried about him all day, but I did not go get him early! The program is from 9-3. What I was most worried about was him eating lunch (he is very picky) and him taking a nap on his little cot (he is still in a crib and I didn't take his lovey).
David and I went to get him and he came up and gave me a hug and then decided he wanted to stay! He threw a fit when we took him out of there. His teacher also said that he was very good. He ate lunch good and wanted more. He had pizza, pears and carrots. Seriously this is the first veggie he has eaten in I don't know when and he wanted more??? He refuses to eat them for me. And he took a nap on his cot. She said he laid there and looked around a little bit and saw all the other kids laying there, so he popped his bottom up in the air and went to sleep! WOW!
So it looks like he will be going back from here on out! For nothing else than to eat veggies! :) I am going to have to find a hobby though b/c I really missed him! :(

My big boy on his first day of school!

5 comments:

The Blaufuss Family said...

ok, I need to know about this program! Is it too late to sign up and how much Money is it! We need to talk?????????? Email me with the info or I will talk to you tomorrow about it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he liked school--That is awesome!
I got your sweet comment---The lady that makes our cakes is wonderful! Her name is Taylor Massey--she has 3 children and works 2 jobs though so she has started setting a limit of 3 cakes a week---1st come, 1st serve---I will be glad to give you her # if you want it! She made a beautiful circus tent that stood up for their 1st b'day---one layer white cake and the other choc!
Willl you be at small group Mon. night? Hope so-I miss ya! And I am so happy about your news! Love ya! Erika

Traci said...

Awww I am glad he did so well. It is amazing what kids will do when they see other kids doing it (good and bad). It must have been a great break. I am jealous! lol

Jenny Brooks said...

it's funny how kids surprise you, sometimes it seems they do better when they are away from you. I don't know what it is........wow, six hrs is a long time!

Anonymous said...

Missed you Monday night! Hope you are ok! Love ya! Erika