Friday, June 20, 2008

ewww- Shots!

Jackson had the dreaded appt today. His 15 month check up and his shots. The appt went well...we saw Doc Dean instead of Doc Johnson today. He is just one of the best and I really like him. Jackson weighed in at 21 pounds and 8 ounces which is a BIG jump from 12 months and his height is 31 inches. This was almost a 3 inch increase...looks like he may be a tall one!

Then it was off to immunizations. Luckily he is not old enough where he recognizes where he is and starts to panic. The lady there is so nice to. I think she has given him all of his shots here except for one time. He had to get three today(Chicken Pox, MMR, and DTaP). The DTaP in the past has made him run a fever for several days. I was not looking forward to this since David is cross country this weekend and I would have no help with him. So back to the shots - He screamed bloodly murder. I felt horrible as he looks at me with those big blue eyes as if he is thinking "Mama what are you letting them do to me?" They were finally over and I was able to love on him although he still looked pitiful for a good while! We got back home and he fell asleep for 3 hrs. I had given him tylenol before, so I think that is why he slept so good. I even got a little nap myself. When he woke up I was a little nervous to go in there wondering how cranky he was going to be. First thing, I felt to see if he had any fever and to my dismay - NONE! Hallelujah! He just started smiling and seems to be in a great mood.

So now he is eating lunch/dinner since it is so late. Peanut Butter sandwich and Cheese nips! YUMMY! I only hope that the fever stays away and we have a great weekend!

0 comments: