Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kiddie Pool Warning!

For all of you in the Columbus AFB area and use the CAFB kiddie pool - BEWARE! There is a MEAN little kid about 3 on the loose! This kid (whom I will remain nameless) has in the past hit Jackson on purpose in the head with a truck. Jackson was going to play with it (all the toys are fair game in there) and the kid didn't like it - took it from him and knocked him a good one. I was upset...but the mom did tell him to say he was sorry...blah, blah, blah.

So we get there yesterday and he was there. Jackson went to play with a toy and he shoved my kid, making him cry again. He is very rough and knows what he is doing. Again, his mom is telling him to say "I'm sorry"! And let me tell you - it did not feel heart felt! So I kept a close eye on Jackson and didn't let him go near the little meanie. So Little Meanie (I think that is what I will call him) started playing with another little boy his own age. I observed once again Little Meanie wanting a toy and so he reached back and PUNCHED...yes punched this sweet little boy in the face with all his might. I was in SHOCK! And MAD! So the mom of Little Meanie spanked him there and made him leave the kiddie pool. I thought they were going home, b/c we would have if that was my kid. But about 5 minutes later- here comes Little Meanie.

Then Little Meanie came over and tried to play with Jackson in which I told him, "You are too big to play with my little boy, you need to find someone else to play with!" And we end up going to the big pool b/c I don't trust Little Meanie. About 45 minutes later, the grandmother of the little boy assaulted came to me and told me that Little Meanie punched her grandson again. WHAT?? AGAIN??? And this time the mother took him home.

I thought about this all day. What would I do if that would have been Jackson punched?? I don't really know what I would have done. The only thing from keeping me from spanking Little Meanie myself would be checking after my own child. But after a lot of thought I have decided if I see this kid do this again - I am going to tell the manager and will try to get him banned from the pool. And this action of violence is not something that is just done. I believe it is learned from someone or something. He does have an older brother, so maybe they fight like that at home. But once again if Jackson ever hits someone like that....he will get a spanking there, we will go home and he will most likely get another spanking, and when Dad gets home and learns what he did- he may get another one. That little boy has some pinned up anger inside of him. My other issue is with his mother. She has NO CONTROL over this kid and he obviously doesn't take her seriously. Step up mom and set some boundaries. You are the parent - not him. If you don't take control now- heaven forbid what he will be like at 12 or 13 years old.

The good news is that on my run this morning, I think I saw Little Meanie at one of the TLF (which is the houses you are in before you get your house here or as you are leaving to go to your next base) houses. If so I think he will be leaving soon.....so where ever he is going....BEWARE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET HIM!! Doesn't it just make you irate when parents done make their kids behave? I hate that.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts! You are hilarious! It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day at the pool! Kidding!
Thanks for the message today! I got in touch with her! Love--Erika Allison

Traci said...

Oh Little Meanie is something else. I call him the Brat! Sadly I have met plenty of parents like her that just let their kids do whatever they want most of the time.