Thursday, June 12, 2008

My First Blog Session

Alright all of my friends have blogs to keep their family and friends informed.....so here goes. I am following the crowd I guess. I am not much of a writer, but I will try to sit down once a week and keep you all updated on Jackson, David's flying and my latest adventure in mothering.

So here is an update on life in general our way. David is in Phase 2 of flying the T-6. He just got off of Formal Release, so instead of being gone 12 hours a day he is gone 10 hrs a day sometimes....whoohoo! When he gets home he still has to study and prepare for the next day of sims and flying, tests and formal briefs, standups and EPQs. Sounds fun huh??? And I really don't know what it all means, but I have heard it all enough I should know what to do. He had his last written test today, so he is academically finished with the T-6. He has 3 more check rides....Final Contact (should be next week), Instruments and Formation. He is actually going on his first Cross Country next weekend, so that should be fun.

As for myself I am staying very busy. My daily routine consists of getting up and running, then walking Bailey and Harley, cleaning up some, starting dinner, pool with Jackson, home to eat and then bedtime. I am about to start up a new Bible Study by Kay Arthur "A Marriage Without Regrets". Our group has grown from about 8 to20 .....WOW is all I can say! GOD is GOOD! I have also decide to be on the Steering Committee for MOPS coming up this Fall, so we are starting to have meeting to prepare for the Fall. I think it will be exciting!

Jackson....what can I say. He is the sweetest little boy! I just love him more and more everyday! He is ALL boy! I am waiting for the day that he brings in frogs and such from outside! He just got his 7th tooth and boy was that a booger to get in. He was SO cranky! His latest funny was yesterday... have been letting him run around in a Tshirt and diaper since it is so hot. Well I put him down for a nap and when I went to get him when he woke up, there was a diaper slung over the crib and he is standing in only a Tshirt smiling! He had peed all in his crib and I couldn't help but laugh! So note to self....make sure he has pants on when sleeping!

Today is David and my 4th year Anniversary....boy does time fly by! I can't really believe it, but at the same time it feels like we have been together for forever. We met 10 years ago...mere 18 year olds. Oh to be 18 again and know what I know now! We are going to go out Saturday to celebrate with dinner and movie. It will be the first time we have had a date besides a wedding and David's Dining Out since we had Jackson. I think it is time right!

Alright I guess that is all for tonight....

3 comments:

Streamlined said...

Congrats on 4 years...hope you enjoy your date! Please let me know if you ever need a sitter.

Sandy said...

WOW! Four years! Congratulations!! The time is just flying by! Miss and love you guys...

Anonymous said...

Yay for your blog :)