Friday, June 5, 2009

3 Day Potty Training Method....

did not work for us! lol But we are well on our way to a good start and I am pleased with Jackson so far!

Day 1 was decent - I thought Jackson did okay for his first day.

Day 2 was worse - maybe b/c I expected too much. But I think his problem was he was too into playing and when I would take him, he would go a little and not all the way....so in about 10 minutes would complete his potty task in his underoos!

And today was Day 3 and he had some accidents, but most of them were dribbles and he would stop himself - I would notice and I would take him to potty. Many times if there isn't a lot in there - I will make him sit back down and finish and he usually does. I think he is so proud of himself and he can't wait to flush the results down the big potty! :) I have been putting a pull up on him at naptime and a diaper at night and when he woke up from his 2 hour nap today - he was completely dry! YAY!

So we are both learning at this. He isn't telling me yet when he needs to go, so I am taking him every so often. And we have yet to venture out of the house and at this point I think we will be home bound for forever! lol I did go today and buy him a really cool travel potty....oh how I hate public bathrooms (Hence why we will be home bound for forever!).

All in all I think we have a good start to this process that I so much dreaded and still do. I am hoping by the time baby boy #2 gets here, Jackson will be having few accidents! So all you moms out there who can do this in 3 days- my hats off to you.......you know who you SUPER MOMS are! :)

Here is my big boy in his underoos.....oh he is the cutest thing in them to me! :)

4 comments:

Traci said...

I just love those little toddler butts in undies. So funny! A&E were still having accidents after day 3 so I must not be a super mom you are referring to! ;-) He caught on pretty quickly I think. I was depressed about being homebound too but now we can do an errand a day. lol

Cristie said...

He does look cute! He must not be quite ready yet...but hopefully close by the time the next one comes!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Jackson is growing so fast!Time flies! Miss you! Love--Erika

The Blaufuss Family said...

Who me SUPER MOM! LOl I don't think so, If their ready then their ready! It will all come in to play before you know it! That's what I keep telling myself!