Thursday, June 25, 2009

From the mouth of Hank Williams Jr. himself....

A Country Boy Can Survive, Country Folks Can Survive!

My Uncle Clyde always plants the corn for the family and it has started to come off, so we put up a little tonight. Unfortunately, we are in desperate need of rain - the water hose just doesn't do the trick like God's water does. But we still got some (pray we get some rain b/c I think it will produce great if we get some) and we hope to put up a little more in the next few days! Mom has plenty in the freezer already, but she has told me she will bring us some out to Kansas when they visit. If David and I can get enough to have until next summer - we can put some up for ourselves!

So here is my country boy - silking his first ear of corn. Age 2 years, 3 months!


1 comments:

Aunt Sandy said...

He looks like he's a natural at it... :)