Friday, August 8, 2008

August FUN RUN....unaccompanied!

Lindsey and I did the 5K on base this morning.....she did hers with Owen, but I got to run by myself without Jackson. It almost feels like I'm cheating not pushing a jogging stroller! Of course Lindsey did stride ahead of me at the end, but boy did she have her own competition - there was a girl that finished in under 20 minutes! WOW! And her husband (I think) finished in 16 something. Double WOW!

I did better my time finishing in 22 minutes 35 seconds....that was over 2 minutes off of my last 5K. So that puts me at a 7.16 minute/mile! WOW for me! :) This will not be a constant mile pace for the half marathon believe you me.....which we start training for it in a little over a week! Wish us luck! I think I will post my training on here at the end of each week, so that I can see what I have accomplished and you can see my hard work! :)

Have a great weekend! Track Select is Monday.....I am not posting any more AF stuff (pics, ect) on here since it is not a private site, but I will post what we get....short and sweet!

4 comments:

Keith said...

I remember when I had knees! Nothing as theraputic as a good run. Keep up the good progress. Hugs to all of you.

Keith

MCD said...

WOW! Go girl! I can't even remember the last time I ran one mile straight, your a champ!

Meghan

Anonymous said...

What a great time! I'll never catch up now that my running days seem to be over until I get my jogging stroller back! I'll definitely see you Monday :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl! I am proud of you. Never a doubt that you would do well. XOXO