Monday, August 18, 2008

The real John Wayne!!!

The base had a Family Fun Night including food, games, swimming, and pony rides. We didn't really go to anything but the pony rides hoping that Jackson would enjoy them.....and boy did he ever! We got there and he wanted to go right up and pet them. I really wasn't surprised that he wasn't afraid of these large animals, since his dog is not much smaller. I think he thought they were Bailey's long lost sisters!
I was actually able to get on one to and ride with Jackson. (They said these things were ponies - due to their height, but they looked more like horses to me!) It has been since before I was pregnant with Jackson that I last rode my Uncle Clyde's horse and I really do miss riding being out here. I should definitely take advantage of the stables on base sometime. But I do hope to ride again at Christmas....get them saddled up! :) I hope Jackson can ride again then with his Papa! I think my dad would love to do that with him. I thought he would be with his Papa on his first horse ride, but I guess he will be - these were just ponies, right???!!!! :)
Here are some pictures from our little outing!

Dad and Lad.....


Mommy and Jackson


Jackson on his Pony!


Look at the smile on his face!


Jackson's 1st Pony Ride!

0 comments: