Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Snake=DEAD

As you can see from this title, I had quite an eventful morning! But let me back up a couple days! I was having our new TV delivered (another long story) and the guy was bringing it through the front door, so I moved my Hibiscus tree out of the way. Underneath was a small snake that slivered into the crab grass. Yuck! But I was hoping that the little snake would find a new home.

Well he did! I was taking the recycling out to the curb and came back to get the trash can and here I find a little snake. It looks like the same snake from before (although my mom said it could be his brother...THANKS A LOT MOM!) I jump in the house not knowing what to do. It is about 7am and David went to a SIM at 4:45.....all the neighbors are gone, but our new neighbor and I didn't want to ring his doorbell so early. So I call my mom- "Send dad 11 hrs to kill this thing!" So she says I should kill it....I don't think I can. Then she suggests me trapping it with something.....I can't get that close. I am sweating bullets! I need a husband....any husband!

After some thought I call maintenance, but they are not there yet. Oh boy what am I going to so. My son plays out there and he would not be afraid to go up to a snake. It has to die, but who is going to kill it.....

So I decide it has to be me and I go into the back yard and get the shovel. I sneak around the yard (he is pointed to the door) and I move the trash can a little bit while hiding behind the brick wall. I am terrified. What if he lunges at me??? So I try to whack him and I miss him- GREAT! He turns toward me. So I start acting like a crazy person and hit him multiple times with the shovel......I did it! He is dead!

Okay - so for all of you people who think I just did a bad thing, please don't comment saying what a horrible person I am b/c frankly you won't change my mind about this. Let me explain snakes. I understand that people say snakes are good....they keep mice away, blah, blah, blah (I think I would rather have mice). But if you think back LONG ago.....Eve was tempted by Satan and he was what....a serpent! AH HA!!!! There is my proof that snakes are bad! If Satan appears as one that is all it takes for me!

So here are my lovely pictures below....as you can see he was little, but he looked like an anaconda to me! If you can identify this snake for me and tell me if it is poisonous or not that would be great! I am not really up for looking at snake pictures right now!


Before....

After....

Weapon of choice....no not Bailey!

8 comments:

The Blaufuss Family said...

That's a pretty good size snake. I would have been scared if I saw that one! You are so brave for killing it, what we will do for our babies.

The Campbell Family said...

I would have been freaking out too! You should have called me...Todd was home, I could have sent him over. He does not like snakes either but he would have taken care of it for you...although it does not look like you needed anyone's help! Good Job!! (If I find any snakes, I am calling you!)

The Kernea Family said...

I would have freaked out to, girl! Snakes and rodents... I can take anything else but those two. Good job, I'm very proud of you! ; )

Traci said...

Okay so you mutilated that snake. You didn't just whack it. I have to admit that was a pretty scary looking one. I know who to call if I find one in our yard! lol

Kelly said...

Geeees....Nice before & after shot. I bet you are proud of yourself. It was bigger than I thought when I was reading.

Snips and Snails said...

That's no small snake. You did quite a number on it.
I can't remeber the name but I think it is posionous, because the belly is yellow. Gald it is gone.

Sarah said...

I have permanent chills now! EWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Okay okay...I looked it up for you...it's a speckled kingsnake and its NOT poisonous. So at least you don't have to worry if it's got brothers ;) And if I'd still been around, I probably would've "rescued" it for you...by picking it up and throwing it over your fence...we used to play with these when we were little....;) But I don't blame you for whacking it to death either...because if Jackson would've found it..I know where it would've ended up...in your house and that's a whole 'nother story...!! ;)