Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week 2 of 1/2 Marathon Training

This was a much better week of training. I had no new injuries, still healing my hamstring- although it is definitely on the mend!

Monday - Cross training
Tuesday - 2 mile fun run
Wednesday - Cross training
Thursday - 5 mile run
Friday - Cross training
Saturday - 6 mile run (my longest run ever and it actually felt GREAT!)
Sunday- Rest

I ran on Saturday morning before Jackson and David got up and it felt wonderful! There were 2 other runners out and a cyclist taking advantage of the cool morning. Then we went to Tupelo for the day and I ate a LOT of CiCi's pizza! YUMMO! I think that defeated the purpose of my run, but then I thought....I worked out so hard that it doesn't really matter how much I eat right?? WRONG!!! :) I actually have been consuming more calories and I STAY hungry with all the training I am doing. The only problem is that I am taking in bad calories and craving cookies and what not! Speaking of food - I am off to the Commissary to grocery shop kid and husband FREE! :) Have a Great Labor Day!

0 comments: