Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One tired Mommy

I am posting this blog today b/c it makes ME feel better! Jackson had a rough day and in this picture he was being the sweetest little boy! It makes me realize that tomorrow is another day and it may be a great day for him and for me!
The day started off great - we had Stroller Strides and Luna Playgroup, then we came home for a nap. After the nap is when it began.....
I tried to give him lunch and he screamed, tears rolling down his face, so I let him down and he ate a banana sitting on the floor watching cartoons. We invited Evan and Avery over to play hoping they would get him out of his mood - WRONG! He fought them over EVERY toy! If they had it he wanted it and when I made him give it back he cried and cried. He is not the best sharer yet, but this was way out of the ordinary. They left after many meltdowns and he continued to cry and cry! I tried to get him to eat dinner and he was having none of that. So I held him on the couch and we watched TV. Finally bath time. He pee pees in the potty (yeah) and has a great time in the bath. After the bath he screams and screams, tears pouring out of his eyes. He thinks I am going to put him straight to bed (which I want to do) as I hand him his lovey - he throws it and runs. I get him and his lovey and we go sit in the big chair. He falls asleep in about 3 minutes. All if this to say that we are cutting some serious molars. I can feel them coming - the right side is SO SWOLLEN (it almost fells like a blister). I feel so bad for him and I realize why he is cranky, but after hours and hours, a mom gets cranky too! I have been giving him meds for it and hopefully that helps with the pain. I am just hoping that tomorrow is a better day.....hey maybe the tooth will break through tonight! Wishful thinking???
And so here is a picture of how my sweet toddler is on most days....but not today! :)

7 comments:

Traci said...

Awww at least Evan cheered him up for a little bit today. I hope he sleeps all night and wakes up happy tomorrow! I am terrified of molars......

Anonymous said...

Poor little Turtle. I hope he has a much better day tomorrow. XOXO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Campbell Family said...

I hope today is better for you...if you need a break tomorrow (Friday) let me know! I can come over!

Anonymous said...

Hope today is a better day :) Gav is driving me nuts too!!

Jenny Brooks said...

Will you be at group tonight? i plan to be there after missing two weeks. Hope today was better. I would have to say that that age was the hardest for me...only because they know better, but are not entirely capable of doing better. I think when they hit 2.5 give or take it seems as though they much better start to understand cause and effect, and consequences...and that's when you finally feel like you get a "platform" or an edge. Ben's thing was not wanting to go to bed, and he would throw up! It drove me near insanity! but remember, it passes.

Kelly said...

Man......I am right there with you on the cranky teething kid situation. This past week I thought we had the molar issue behind us after having awful diaper rash with open sores (prescription cream was needed), one puke, and the most awful screams of pain when I put her in the tub..........oh my goodness. Cameron never was like that and never had this much of an issue wih teething. Chloe really loves the bath tub, but if her little bottom is all tore up like it was, she is miserable. And once again, I think the "teething" diaper rash issue is back. I mean entire bottom front to back, beat red. I hope it clears up soon, we are running out of our presciption cream.........especially after Miss Cameron decided to use alot of it on her baby...:) Good luck....it will all pass soon.