Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 1.....13.1 miles to train for

My training schedule started this week for the half marathon. I decided to do a 16 week program to get me prepared. This week wasn't so good.....I unfortunately pulled a hamstring muscle toward the end of the week. I only missed one day of training, but it was a 6 mile run.....I thought it would be better to let it heal than to actually get an injury. And I also couldn't run anyway without looking like a weirdo!

So this week looked like this:
Monday- Cross training
Tuesday - Fun 2 miler
Wednesday- Cross training
Thursday- 5 miler
Friday- Cross training
Saturday- Suppose to run 6 miles, but didn't
Sunday - Rest

I am doing Stroller Strides M, W, and F for my cross training, which is an awesome workout that you can bring your baby along to! I think this is where I might have pulled my hamstring....we did a lot of lunges and squats this week!

My leg is still tight, but I am hoping by Tuesday I can be running again. I think this week is the same as last week, so I am not behind yet!

And here is a picture of Jackson and I at Stroller Strides. He also accompanies me on some of my runs. I think he has the better end of the bargain!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy cow!!....what a huge jogging stroller. I pictured one smaller than that................i bet you look like an olympian!!