Thursday, May 14, 2009

Am I really ready for this??

I have always been worried about Jackson's speech and vocabulary b/c he always seemed to be a little further behind then his friends. But then I think I am being too pushy and he will learn on his own- let him be a little boy while he can.

Then he turned 2 and his vocabulary is taking off a little more- but am I ready?? He is saying phrases now - some of the same, but he he saying them. Some of his favorites seem to be:
I siiit there! (And this boy has a Southern Draw that no one is taking away from him!
I dunno?
Mama, Where is baby at?
Mama, Where is Papa at? (Insert this phrase with anything - Baybay (Bailey), shoes, etc)

And he is picking up other things too! YIKES
He can name everyone in family pictures for the most part - although my mom and David's mom are still Papa too. He is calling my brother DeeDee now, but he was Papa for a while.

He is just a little boy who loves to play outside and I am trying not to push him too much, but I am trying to get him to learn his ABC's, 123's and colors.....not much luck. See, he could care less! I think Kindergarten may be a struggle for us! :) He will say the number 2 after you say 1, but he also says it after 3 too! lol

Another thing he is doing is saying Dada a lot after stuff. I think he is missing his Daddy and I know his Daddy is missing him. I try to get him to talk on the phone with David, but he is usually too busy! Everything is Please Dada, Hey Dada, Bye Dada! Too sweet!

The one good thing he is doing is saying "peas" (please) for everything he wants. At least his boy will learn his manners. Currently working on Thank You, but not much luck there!

3 comments:

MCD said...

Jackson can count backwards and forwards!! Genius :) He seems like a very smart sweet boy to me, I wouldn't worry so much. Besides boys are less verbal and better with motor skills at this age.

The Blaufuss Family said...

Jackson is talking alot, but has not interest in learning his ABC or 123's. I did start with one letter on the fridge, A and now he say A for airplain. It's funny, but that took a couple of weeks. That's one of the benefits of him going to the CDC, he's around other kids that are talking and maybe there teaching him somethings I'm not. But I do agree, they are so much better at their motor skills then the girls.

whippetmom said...

I love that he has a southern accent :) Jackson has always been ahead of the curve with his motor skills, but I know it's just how all of us mom's are...we worry! Like you said, he's just got other things that are more important to him than chit chatting ;)