Sunday, May 31, 2009

My New Hobby

My mom started to teach me to crochet many years ago, but I just lost interest.....surprise, surprise. But since I was moving home for a while, I thought it would be a great time to pick it back up. Not to mention carry along an old fashion trade that many don't do anymore!

So my first project wanted to be a baby blanket for my good friend Liz. I really wanted to give her something special to show her how much her friendship means to me! Since then she has had sweet baby, Ellie! So here is the completed project! I am mostly happy with it for my first one....I do wish it was a little wider, but too late now! :)

I received so many hand made blankets for Jackson (quilted, crocheted, knitted, cross-stitched) and I think I have a new appreciation for them all! I can see now why they call it a labor of love!

Happy Birthday Miss Ellie!

1 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Wow! I am super impressed! Great job!