Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't Judge Me :)

I finally broke down and bought Jackson his new friend/restraint. I have several friends that swear by them, so why not, right?? My main reasoning for getting it was for my brother's upcoming Wedding Reception this weekend....not feeling up to chasing him in heels. I tried it on him today to see what he would think and he LOVES it! He thinks it is fun and loves a book bag anyway, so 2 for 1 deal!

I use to think that parents that did this were lazy, but after having a child of my own I realize they are smart! This kid has more energy than I can even imagine and now being pregnant and larger, I just don't have the energy I use to. And so to you non moms out there who think this is cruel - you are more than welcome to borrow Jackson for a day and see how you feel at the end!

So here's to whoever thought up this design.....must have been a Mom! :)


7 comments:

whippetmom said...

Gavin loves his (he has the same one)...it's his "packpack" and always offers me his "tail" to "pull". ;) These things are so great... I can only imagine I'll love it even more in these upcoming weeks with a newborn!

Leah said...

I bought one for Jack to take to the zoo this weekend and he LOVED it! Everyone was laughing at us but they don't know what it was like! Plus, I think that it is safer....

Snips and Snails said...

We have the monkey and I love it! William still begs to wear his backpack.

Traci said...

That is just like Avery's puppy. Evan has the monkey. We couldn't let our children loose in public without them. ;-)

Anonymous said...

We love ours! We have the monkey and the puppy! My babies always want me to "hold their tails"
Hope you are doing great! Love--Erika

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

I am so a member of the used-to-think-it's-cruel-now-it's-the-best-thing-ever club too!! We went to the zoo this weekend and I put it on Bes for the first time. Brad was embarrased and then this little boy kept saying "Hey Mommy, is her a puppy? Why her a puppy?" I cracked up but it was a lifesaver for our say at the zoo!!... stay tuned for a post... hopefully tomorrow... we hade the best time!

Anonymous said...

Seems like a great idea to me :)