Friday, May 22, 2009

The Wedding Rehearsal....

Oh where to start! lol I will have to say that Jackson did very well considering he is only 2 years old and my expectations were rather low for him! It also helps to expect the unexpected! :)

I bribed Jackson with Skittles in the back of the church until his time to walk down the aisle and it seemed to work and give him sugar overload all at the same time! Walking down the aisle is no problem for this kid- b/c he sees Dee Dee and Papa at the front. I might add that walking is not what he does- he RUNS! But it is very cute! So we get him down there and the problems start....he wants to run around, play the piano, use a candle he has found as a sword, anything and everything but sit still near me (I never expected him to stand near my dad up there). But luckily there is a pastor's room right next to our pew and it has a doorway to the outside, so I may just take him out after we see Robin walk down the aisle. I hate I may have to miss part of the wedding, but I don't want Jackson to be a distraction either...it isn't his day, it is theirs!

At one time Jackson did walk back down the aisle to leave holding hands with dear little Morgan (she is the cutest flower girl and Robin's niece). In fact when we got to the church she kept running around after Jackson telling him, "Jackson, when you put on your bow tie, you are going to marry me!" And she said this over and over- it was the sweetest thing. Jackson ended up having a good time b/c he played with Morgan and my cousin's little girl, Crystal. He actually just like to chase them and have them chase him, but whatever works and tires out a 2 year old!

The dinner afterward was delicious! It was just an old fashioned BarBQ that my Uncle and Aunt helped my parents prepare. We had chicken, my Uncle's famous BarBQ, hushpuppies, candied yams, coleslaw, squash casserole, baked beans, potato salad, you name it! Top it off with a glass of sweet tea and you can call that a good time! And thank goodness all the cleanup help afterward b/c we got out of there by 9:30 with a tired little boy. Not too bad!

This is Morgan and Jackson...oh how they make a cute couple!

David you owe me for not being able to come.....or the AF does. I was one TIRED Mamma!

The Groom's Cake

The Bride and Groom to be

This was the only time my child was sat still...only because I hooked him in and dared him to move!


Here is a glimpse of what it would look like for Jackson to "walk" down the aisle.....he and Morgan were playing!

2 comments:

Cristie said...

I looks like you will have your hands full!!!

Traci said...

That is hilarious and I feel for you. I cannot imagine! You look great though.