Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!

We had a wonderful 4th of July this year despite the fact that we didn't see one firework go off. It was very hot here in MS, but we suffered through the heat anyway. We had a little get together with some friends and family here at our house. David's parents flew in and we invited Todd and Tara along with Liz and Gavin over (Andrew is at Land Survival in Washington right now). We barbecued out and had more than enough food to feed a small Army! I think we had hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, bratwursts, baked beans, fries, chips and dip, jello salad, watermelon, cantaloupe, and cupcakes....and I am sure most of us stuffed ourselves! After everyone left and the kitchen was cleaned we sat down to watch a movie.....I don't remember much of it. I only remember David waking me up to go to bed....I must have been tired! :) Jackson wore himself out also - he slept an hour later this morning! Below are a few pictures of the day!
















3 comments:

Traci said...

How fun! A&E had the same shirts I think but in blue!

Streamlined said...

When you run the way you do, you need enough food to feed a small army! I couldn't wait to indulge after the 15 miles we put in this week! Thanks for a great week of running!

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing ya'll today! Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog! See ya soon! Love--
Erika Allison