Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh to potty train!

Yes....that is right! I am going to attempt to start potting training Jackson. I know it seems really early to me too, but my mom said she had both my brother and I potty trained at 18 months! Oh to be done with diapers..... And he is hiding now when he goes potty sometimes and they say that is a sign.

I am not going to push him into it, just try to make it fun and hope that he catches on before he is 2. So I got out his Elmo potty chair and put it in the bathroom. Elmo talks- speaking both English and Spanish (which my husband hates, but I don't really care) which I am sure will drive me LUNNY by the time he is potty trained.

Jackson always seems to potty right before we give him a bath, so that is what I am starting with - putting him on the potty before a bath. So I did this last night and we sat and we sat! But he LOVES to make Elmo talk (which you are suppose to do only after you potty, but how am I to explain that to a almost 16 month old), so he pushes Elmo time after time after time! And he also like to pull out the little boy shield! All you moms know what I am talking about! He doesn't understand that I need him to keep that there! :) Silly Boy

No pee pee, so we get in the tub. Halfway through he is trying to climb out of the tub to get to Elmo Potty Chair (I can see a problem happening in the future), so we finish and I sit him on Elmo once again! Nothing!

Okay time for bed.....lotion, powder, diaper and jammies. Well I almost get to the powder stage and what does Jackson do.....pee pee everywhere! UGHH! Where is ELMO at now when I need him?? Oh this is going to be a LONG, TOUGH road!

0 comments: