Friday, July 11, 2008

Fun Run

I am going to write this, so that I have to commit to it.....I am GOING to do the St Jude Half Marathon in December with some friends! GO AF WIVES!!! Okay now I can't go back on it! I have been running faithfully for over a month now (5 days a week averaging about 15 miles a week). I think we will start out training about 16 weeks prior to the race! Wish me luck!

But today I did the Fun Run that the base has every month. It is just a 5K (3.1) miles, but it is a nice little run! I am so proud of myself though! I have ALWAYS been a slow runner, but I have been running with a friend, Lindsey, who likes to go FAST and she has been helping me with my speed! But I did this 5K in 24.55 minutes! That is my best time yet....running a 8.02 min/mile. It was very humid this morning, but the sun wasn't out and that seemed to help! Also, let me tell you how good it feels to slowly pass guy after guy while pushing a jogging stroller! It really gets you pumped!

Well I am off to walk the dogs before it rains.....hope everyone has a good weekend!
I will keep you posted on my half marathon training!

3 comments:

Jenny Brooks said...

Great time! I would be pretty stinkin' proud too, if I was passing people with a stroller. That is an excellent time alone, not to mention with a double jogger!

Traci said...

Good for you! I am soooo impressed!! I would have a hard enough time waking up that early but to run too....

Anonymous said...

NERD! hehe... =)
Misty