Saturday, July 12, 2008

A great day thanks to Traci!

Yes I have to say a BIG thank you to Traci and Andy (mostly Traci since Andy left her to go study). She told me a few days ago to bring Jackson over after his nap today so that David and I could go and do something. So of course I took her up on it! There are not too many people that I feel comfortable leaving Jackson with, but Traci is definitely one of them!
David and I decided to go and see a movie (Journey to the Center of the Earth). I'll give my review in a minute. So I walk Jackson about 3 houses down to Traci's house and Jackson takes off to the playroom. He has been to Traci's to play with her twins time and time again. He of course went and got his favorite toy over there- a vacuum. I realized when I got in the car that I never even told him bye, but he could have cared less. He was too into his friends!

The movie was okay...a lot hokie, but we kind of knew that going into it. It is actually in 3D, but Columbus doesn't offer it that way (I think that would have made it better). All in all a decent movie, especially when you and your spouse don't get to do things without the kiddo that often. Worth the $12 in movie tickets and $7.50 for popcorn and a drink. Yes we went all out! :)

We come back to get Jackson and he starts to cry when I come in - yes cry. Not because he missed me, but because he knew I was there to take him home. It was pitiful. I think he would move in with them if I would let him. At least I know he is comfortable with them and he isn't always attached at my hip!

Below are a few pics that Traci took of the kids!


Jackson, Avery and Evan in the ball pit!

Jackson and Avery - always flirting with each other!

All sprawled out!

Jackson taking Avery for a ride in the car....he doesn't have a license yet??

Jackson on Evan's new chair! You have a chair Jackson, so don't get any ideas!

Traci also gave me a great recipe to try tonight and it was a big hit! I am passing on the recipe for anyone who would like to try it! I doubled the recipe...YUMMY

Barbecue Beef Cups
3/4 pound ground beef or turkey
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
One 16.3-ounce can refrigerated biscuits
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

you can also add half a chopped onion

Preheat the oven to 400º. In a skillet, brown the beef over medium heat; drain off excess fat. Remove from the heat and stir in the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Grease a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and place a piece of biscuit dough in each cup, stretching the dough up the sides. Divide the beef mixture among the biscuit cups, sprinkle each with cheese and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.


Thanks Traci for watching Jackson and for the yummy recipe!

2 comments:

Jenny Brooks said...

I love making those! Except whenever I make them, the husband calls them "meat muffins", which for some reason kind of grosses me out! :) Yum-O

Traci said...

You crack me up! Jackson just wanted to stay for the toys and I am sure he would have been wanting mommy when he got tired. We had alot of fun though and I am glad you liked the recipe!