Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jackson's new stunt

Here is Jackson's latest and greatest trick. As you will see when he notices me - he realizes that he shouldn't be reaching for the telephone!
I think that Miss Avery taught him how to climb...or it might have been watching his friends Jackson B. and Owen?? Who knows, but this opens up a lot more work for me. He has started to try to climb on our couch, but it is too high right now. When he gets up in the morning and I go to get him he is raising his leg up like he is trying to get out. I don't think he understands completely how to climb yet and I hope he doesn't learn....I really need him to stay in his crib until he is about 2 or maybe like Traci said "until they are in Middle School"! But he has managed climbing in the chair in our room (and yes he fell off of it this morning too...I better get out the band-aides) and the ones to our patio set. We are in full force Toddler stage now!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Uh oh that has Avery written all over it. lol SORRY! :-) Jackson is a quick learner from her mischief.

Anonymous said...

Hey- Gavin could've taught him too...he can get on our couch!! I do not like the climbing either!!

Jenny Brooks said...

um, yeah, you need to watch him with the phone. When Ben was almost 1, he called 911 in NM where we lived. The only way we knew he did so, was by a police officer visiting our house asking if everything was OK. And the whole middle school/crib comment - we had a terrible time with Ben when he climbed the crib. Bedtime was EXTREMELY UN-fun for the next 6 mos. Every kid is different though - that was our one very rough "stage."